1. Skinny hot maple apple cider
This drink is created to warm you up in cold winter days and evenings and also not to harm your waistline as this drink is low in sugar. So here it is.
- 2 pounds of organic sweet apples
- 2 teaspoons of stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon of pure maple extract (vanilla will also go)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- low calorie whipped topping and maple syrup for drizzling if desired
We start with apples. Clean them, cut and remove the seeds and the core. Put the apples, stevia, cinnamon stick and maple extract into a pot and pour water over them. The water should cover the ingredients for an inch. Cover the pot partially and let it simmer for 2 hours until the apples can be easily smashed. Pass through a sieve, decorate with the topping and maple syrup and serve. If you want to store it in the fridge, let it cool firs and then store.
2. Skinny hot cocoa
When I tried it for the first time I was sure that it will definitely become one of my favorite beverages. It is skinny, which is a great plus, and it is very easy to prepare which cannot but bring some happiness.
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 2 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of raw maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic pure stevia extract (or 2 full drops of the liquid variety)
- a bit of cinnamon if you like
- your favorite almond milk
Firstly, boil the water in a pan or in the kettle and pour it into a tall mug. Pour the cacao powder and maca and stir it with a spoon very well. Whip the liquid for about 20 seconds and then add all the ingredients that are left. Stir it again. Drink it hot.
3. Skinny pumpkin latte
This is a home variant of a Starbucks drink which you can easily prepare out of natural ingredients and enjoy it in a cozy peaceful domestic atmosphere. You`ll definitely like it!
- 3 shots of espresso or 16 ounces of brewed coffee
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 drops of liquid stevia (or 1 teaspoon of pure powder extract)
- additional sprinkle of cinnamon if desired
In a separate pan stir together pumpkin and the almond milk and cook it on the stove or in a microwave for about 40 seconds. Remove it from the heat and mix in the vanilla, spices and sweetener, pour it all into a cup. Get the milk foamy by using a frother or simply with a blender processing it for about 30 seconds. Pour coffee into a large mug, add the milk mixture and crown it with a pinch of cinnamon. The drink is ready!
4. Skinny peppermint mocha
This is also a variant of a drink offered by Starbucks. This drink is incredibly delicious and easy to make at your kitchen. Moreover, it is sugar-free and perfect for vegetarians. All the ingredients are natural so you mustn`t worry about your health.
- 2 cups of brewed organic coffee
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tiny drop of pure peppermint extract or even less
- ½ teaspoon of pure stevia powder extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
Brew your regular coffee and while it is preparing make your almond milk get of room temperature for it wouldn`t be cold before serving. When the coffee is ready pour it into a mug with the almond milk and stir the liquid with cocoa, stevia and peppermint extract until they get dissolved. The drink is ready. Very easy and quickly, isn`t it?
5. Skinny chai tea latte
This drink is perfect for chai tea fans, and I belong to them. This recipe presupposes healthy amounts of sugar and daily fats, this is a skinny variety of the Starbucks chai latte. It is worth trying, believe me!
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 chai tea bags
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of pure stevia extract
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
Pour the milk into a pan and heat it in combination with tea bags, vanilla and cinnamon until it starts to bubble. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the liquid into 2 cups. If you wish, you can add some foamed milk to the top. Sprinkle the drink with cinnamon and enjoy.
6. Skinny matcha latte
This beverage will astonish you with its aroma and fantastic flavor of green tea. The moment my lips touched the cup I`ve fallen in love with this drink! So I advise you to try it too.
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
- ¼ teaspoon of pure stevia extract (or 2 full droppers of the liquid)
Put a pan with milk on a stove and heat until it gets almost boiled, when the bubbles start to form. Remove the pan and pour the milk into a cup. Put into it all the other ingredients and stir or blend. If you choose blending it will get smoother. If you like you can top it with the foamed milk.
7. Skinny frozen hot chocolate
This drink is a favor one of Oprah, so you can`t but try it yourself. Having this recipe you can easily prepare it at home and thus control the level of sugar in the ingredients used.
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ teaspoon of pure stevia extract powder
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate bar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened dark cocoa powder (like Hershey’s)
- 2 tablespoon of coconut or soy whipped topping and a drop of peppermint extract if you wish
Beat the milk and ice in a blender until the ice gets crushed and add in the stevia, cocoa and protein powders and whipped topping (or you can leave it for topping also). Blend everything for a minute. In a cup you will have a thick and icy drink.
The skinny variants of hot beverages are as delicious as regular ones, but they are beneficial for your waistline and state of health in general. Which one would you like to try first?