Everyone has been on at least one horrible first date. Being rude to the waiter, texting your way through dinner, Instagramming your meal. But saying the wrong thing is probably the biggest fear among the recently-dating-again set.
Here is the things you should never ever say on a firstdate
1. “My ex is over there — quick, act like we’re interested in each other!”
2. “I love you.”
3. You look a lot skinnier in your profile pic.”
4. “My ex took me to nicer restaurants.”
5. What kind of car do you drive?
6. I’m so independent I can do anything myself.
7. I’m so busy.
8. My ex is the worst.
9. I want to love you.
10. So, what’s wrong with you?
11. We would make beautiful children.
12. Wow, this is so weird.
13. think I love you.
14. You seem nervous.
15. You’re too cute to be single.
16. You’ll definitely have to smoke more weed if you hang out with me.
17. I just feel a lot, I don’t know.
18. How many people have you slept with on OkCupid?
19. You remind me of my mom.
20. I guess I can be kind of a jerk sometimes.
21. You’re not the type of person I usually go for.
22. Do you want to go to a strip club?
23. So, are you smart?
24. Do you mind if my friend stops by?
25.Can I look through your diary?
26. starts crying
27. You’re kind of eating a lot.
28. So, how long have you been single for?
29. Look, I’m all for gender equality, as long as women know their place.
30. You’d make a beautiful mother.
31. It sounds like you don’t really have fun.
32. My ex always used to say…
33. So, do you go on a lot of dates?
34. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?
35. I met my last girlfriend while I was hanging out in the undergraduate library trying to meet girls.
36. I’m not looking for anything serious.
37. Is your friend from your profile picture single?