1. When a girl really, really likes youshe will text you a lot. She may initiate several conversations, though this will frustrate her because she will think that you don’t like her if you never initiate.
2. You may get a few overwhelming long winded texts. It’s not because she’s crazy or doesn’t know how to be concise, she really cares about you, and for whatever reason isn’t given the chance to say some things straight to your face. She may give long winded advice or send you the longest rants of goofiness. Don’t let it overwhelm you. Take it as a major compliment that she’s crushing on you.
3. She’ll send you pictures of her animals that she thinks are cute because she hopes it’ll make a positive impression.
4. Girls are more likely to use smileys and exclamation marks than boys. The winky face is a dead give away. If there’s an overabundance of smileys, exclamation marks, and overall excitement, that’s an indicator.
5. It’s a bad sign if a girl only texts you one word responses. Women generally hate receiving these and think something is wrong or you’re just not interested. A one word response from a woman is frowned upon.
6. If she sends you a message that is meant to be taken as funny, random, and it’s out of the blue — she probably is wanting to flirt with you.
7. If she mentions something that could be an activity, she’s trying to gage if you would like to do that activity with her. Such as: “Do you like bowling?”
8. If she sends you a nice text after you have had a breakup with someone else — consider this suspect. She’s too on top of what’s going on, she doesn’t want to be a jerk and swoop in for you, she’s checking in on you — to see what’s the status and see if she can do something about it. To be someone for you to lean on. To be around you, etc.
9. She’ll bring up inside jokes as a way to break the ice.
10. Any kind of “breaking the ice” moments are suspect. If you have no idea why she’s starting a conversation through text and it seems comical, it’s definitely suspect.
11. If she brings up anything featuring words such as: shower, bed, clothing changes — she might be flirting. Girls are not as direct and these seem like hot buzz words to throw to see if you find her attractive. Girls who do this might not be looking for a relationship, but something more short term.
12. If she texts you back when it’s unnecessary, she wants to keep the conversation alive. Any part on her to keep the conversation alive, especially the longer it goes on, is an obvious indication that she enjoys talking / flirting with you.
13. If she doesn’t text back at all after several days, that’s a big bad sign. Women don’t typically do that. She may forget, but usually will send a courtesy text to apologize. Flat out forgetting several times is weird.
14. If she texts you to try to meet up with you, she could be trying to create a connection and see how you’re doing such as asking you to do a favor, borrow a book, escort her through an unpleasant situation.
15. If she is only asking for directions or something basic, she is probably only asking for directions.
16. The words: k, okay, and fine — are not great indicators.
17. Any form of: XOXOXOX — is a dead giveaway. Unless she is foreign.
18. Some women are not as overt as others, she may rely more on her sense of humor and the amount of texts she sends. There’s nothing wrong with her, she just prefers to be cool rather than a total flirtbag.
19. If she sends pictures of herself to you — yeah, she likes you. Do not share pictures with your friends of her ever. It’s for you. If it’s her face and she wants to show you her outfit, such as for school or work and its cute — she likes you in a serious ways. If you get pictures of certain specific body parts, something more scandalous — you are a booty call.
20. If she sends you a lot of pictures that are just random — she likes you.
21. If she posts pictures on her Instagram that are related to you, count the amount that are related to you, the higher the better. If she has lots of pictures with everyone, then this isn’t as accurate.
22. If she texts you back with a picture of something you gave her with smiley faces, she’s trying to affirm that she likes you back.
23. Sometimes girls send you back a response to AFFIRM that they like you. Keep this in mind!
24. If she sends you song lyrics — come on, seriously… she likes you.
25. If she asks what you like about her looks, such as whether her hair is curly or straight — unless you are gay and have great fashion sense, she wants to know what appeals to you. Same goes with what’s the best colors on her, favorite outfits on her, etc.
26. Girls may get weird or shy away if you become too overt or sexual. Be a gentleman back to her so you don’t freak her out. Girls are more sensitive in some ways about language, so consider an innocent innuendo to have about 5Xs the effect on a girl.
27. If she writes to you talking about her day — she likes the attention you give her and she wants to open up to you. If she’s talking a lot to you, she wants you to open up. She may not be sure how to get you to talk. Women love listeners, they love when you talk too. They see it as an affirmation.
28. She will have an assortment of nicknames for you. If you receive a message with more than ONE nickname, she likes you.
29. If her responses are flat, she may be busy. Do not immediately think she is annoyed. She may be… but consider that she might be busy.
30. With each 10 responses more given in a day, the more likelihood she likes you. For instance, 10 is a lot, 20 is very indicative, 30 is flat out obvious, 40 you should go see her, 50 is incredible.
31. If she texts you on and off throughout an entire day, that is indicative… on both your parts.
32. If she initiates some sort of texting game with you, she may be trying to gage you and figure you out. This may be for fun, but the longer it continues, the more likely she is crushing on you.
33. If she communicates a lot with you in other written mediums, social networks, and emails — she likes you. Girls want to create connection. They want response so they can affirm you. They really prefer being asked out, even though they will do it, maybe not flat out say “I am asking you out.” But they want to spend time with you. They want to figure out if you’re right for them.
34. If she texts late at night, and it’s not a booty call, she likes you. She knows 1AM is a strange time, and would have to really trust and think you’re safe if she is doing so if it’s not overt.
35. Be cautious of drunk texts. These can be indicative, but sometimes girls just send drunken texts out of their ridiculousness and love for the world. Men drunk texting is more suspicious, especially if it doesn’t have overt sexual tones.
36. If she sends you poetry, such as Haikus, she is trying to have fun with you. If this becomes a consistent thing, she likes you.
37. Girls will consistently text if they like you. They will try to figure out some sort of pattern. If you are getting a lot of texts in a week, month, year, two years — try thinking about it altogether.
38. She would text you if there’s a problem and she needs help. You’re one of the few people she thinks will be handy in a situation that takes problem solving whether killing a spider, losing keys, or if she is really sad.
39. If a woman texts you when she is sad this can go two ways: 1.) unfortunately, she may be manipulating you and knows that emotions will hook a guy, and 2.) she may need comfort and sees you as someone she can trust when vulnerable.
40. If a woman is being vulnerable with you, and is truly honest, that shouldn’t be taken for granted. She probably MORE than likes you.
41. If she sends you texts EVERYDAY — yes.
42. If she calls you out for something or playfully teases you, she’s comfortable with you and may be being flirty.
43. If she sends you a text with the worst grammar you have ever seen, bad spelling, no real thought — either she doesn’t care or is drunk. Girls try to be particular about punctuation and crap, especially as they get older. High schools girls may be more into abbreviations in slang — but someone in grad school? Obviously, this stuff would be beneath them.
44. If they text you to see if you are going to a party — they more than likely want to go with you, or see you there.
45. If they text you a compliment, they might be thinking of you and missing you.
46. Seriously, once I texted a guy about puppies that I saw from my car. I wasn’t really texting him about “puppies” I was literally saying “I WISH YOU COULD BE HERE AND SEE THESE CUTE PUPPIES BECAUSE I LIKE PUPPIES AND I LIKE YOU AND YOU’RE CUTE!” Sometimes this is what women are really feeling and they try to tone it down so you won’t run away. He ended up liking the puppy text, by the way. 😉
47. If they text you a “I miss you” out of the blue or after a long text conversation — sweet goodness, go meet up with her. She’s either been dying to say that, or has been thinking about you a lot and is probably feeling like others don’t compare. Because, you know, others don’t compare. 🙂
48. She’ll give you advice. Girls knows it’s weird to give advice in a text message, especially long advice, but if she cares about you and notices something that you’re doing is off, then she’ll be dying to confront it. BECAUSE SHE CARES.
49. If she texts you about her family or pets, unless you’re gay she probably wants you to know them and associates you with them, or is very close to her family.
50. If she texts you after a hangout that she enjoyed time with you, it is unlikely to just be courtesy.
51. If she texts all your guy friends a whole lot, then she is either a big texter, or is hoping one of you will get the hint.
52. If she doesn’t text you the day of her birthday or a few days after, you screwed up.
53. If she doesn’t text you when she is gone for a weekend trip, or something of the sort and you are in a relationship — she might be considering breaking up with you.
54. If her texts become less excited, she may find the relationship less exciting. It may be leveling out, but encourage her crazy texting. Happy, fun texting is a good indication of relationship health. When it becomes only a means of contact and sorting affairs — you’re getting dull.
55. If she texts you about events that are WAY OUT IN THE FUTURE, she might want you to accompany her and is telling you to keep your calendar free… for her. Women drop hints about what they want to do with you. They have visions about having fun, and they want someone to go with them, play games, eat food, and spend quality time.
56. If she compliments your strong arms, shoulders, how you hug — she’s trying to find a nice way to say she likes when you touch her.
57. If she says, “EWWWWW!” or something of the sort… that’s not a great response.
58. If she says she is busy, more than likely she’ll try to schedule you in at another time right then and there. If she leaves it at ambiguous “busy” she’s either being nice, or is completely booked… and might just want you to go away.
59. If she makes up a retarded excuse like, “I have to watch my cat tonight.” OR “I’m washing my hair tonight.” Then you are the equivalent of dirt.
60. If she talks about other guys to you, this isn’t good. Guys sometimes talk about the girls they like to the girl they really like; girls don’t really do that. They’re not talking about guys they like just by the association of you; they see you as a friend. Girls keep their business private when they think they might have a chance with you.
61. If she texts you a “I’m sorry” message, then she doesn’t want to be on bad terms with you. She cares enough about the impression she makes with you. She probably really is sorry.
62. If she texts you “I like you” or “I love you” multiply this by about 20. Unless she dishes that out to everyone, those words are gutsy.