Ashley Graham is known for speaking out about body positivity, She has appeared on the cover of fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Elle and many more. Perfection comes in all kinds of shapes. “I’m a model who loves my curves and isn’t afraid to show them,” says Ashley Graham
Here are some facts about her:
1. She started modeling at age 12 and has since gone to feature for a variety of brands including Levi’s and Lane Bryant.
2. Ashley, who was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, stands at 5’9″.
3. She’s designed her own line of beautiful lingerie for plus-sized women that you can find at the online retailer Navabi.
4. The gorgeous brunette visits schools to talk about body image and acceptance, and has also been involved in humanitarian missions in South Africa.
5. Ashley helped to found ALDA, a coalition of models promoting a healthy body image for women.
6. She was featured in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, which celebrates 600 of the biggest upcoming entrepreneurs and change-makers.
7. Ashley made history as one of three covers for the 2016 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
8. Her Lane Bryant body positive commercial was rejected by multiple TV stations like NBC and ABC. The commercial featured Graham and other models nude, and one of the models is breastfeeding. Graham also kickboxes in the video while wearing the brand’s denim clothing.
9. In January 2016, the model, seen here with fellow models Kyra Santoro, left, and Emily Ratajkowski, was named to Forbes Magazine’s coveted “30 Under 30” list.
10. She met her husband Justin Ervin back in 2009, and they only needed a year before they knew they should get hitched. They were married a year after meeting.
11. When she landed the Sports Illustrated cover in 2016, she said, “This is for all the women who didn’t think they were beautiful because of their size.” Here she’s seen with Bridget Moynahan and Christie Brinkley at the NYDJ 2016 Fit To Be Campaign launch at Lord & Taylor.
12. She also has her own website, www.ashleygraham.com, with the slogan, “Stand up for curves, confidence is sexy.”
13. She was bullied for being dyslexic. Well, I think she thrived despite you, bullies.
“Being told in the fourth grade that you’re dyslexic and you’re not going to be able to read properly takes a toll on you, and it really makes you believe you’re dumb.
14. Despite her growing success, she remains firmly grounded and often excitedly shares photos of celebrities she meets at fashion events and shows, from Karlie Kloss to singer Ciara, joking about her ‘fan girl moments.