With what seems like hundreds of new supplements coming out to the market every day, it’s impossible to keep track of them and very difficult to determine whether they are required in your health regimen.
Fermented cod liver oil could certainly be lumped into a long list of supplements, but what sets it apart is its ability to deliver nutrients that have been largely absent in today’s diet.
These nutrients can help create “miracles” in your overall health.
What can you potentially expect from consuming adequate dosages of fermented cod liver oil? This list is quite extensive and includes:
- Promotes healthy cholesterol levels
- Supports tooth and bone health
- Acts as a systemic anti-inflammatory
- Helps manage ADHD symptoms
- Helps stabilize mood disorders (bi-polar, depression, etc)
- Prevents formation of atheroscler*tic plaque
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis (rheumatoid and osteoarthritis)
- Promotes mental health
- Promotes healthy hormonal balance
- Supports health of hair, skin, and nails
- Reduces skin conditions (acne, eczema)
- Helps reduce asthma
- Reduces chest cancer risk
- Helps lower risk of type 1 diabetes when used in the first year of life
Cautions and specifics when using fermented cod liver oil
First of all, ensure that your fermented cod liver oil is not put through a destructive manufacturing process which includes alkali refining, bleaching, and deodorization which destroys the natural vitamins A and D, while damaging delicate omega-3 fatty acids. Ironically, synthetic vitamins are typically added back in to meet desired labeling requirements.