1. Leave them a note on their pillow before they wake up. Waking up in the morning to the sound of the alarm is absolutely terrible. Waking up to a cute note from the person you love most? That’s decidedly less terrible.
2. Send them a cute picture of the two of you together. If you want to get really advanced, hold onto a few and don’t send them over until your significant other is having a bad day.
3. Give them a foot or back massage. You don’t even have to be good at it. Back massages are like hugs: always appreciated as long as you don’t do it really, really hard.
4. Have coffee ready for them in the morning. They’re going to think you’re really thoughtful, and all you had to do was wake up five minutes early and pour an extra mug.
5. Send them an invitation to date night. Grab tickets to a movie they want to see on Fandango or book a reservation at their favorite restaurant, and then send a mid-day email invite. Even if it’s nothing fancy, having something to look forward to at the end of the day makes a boring meeting infinitely better.
6. Walk into a room, give them a kiss, and then just leave. It’s nice for your partner to know you’re thinking about them even when you’re busy.
7. Have a bottle of wine and a movie ready to go when they get home. If you don’t have wine on hand, just pop some popcorn or make a quick snack. If you have no snacks, it’s probably time to go shopping.
8. Call them at work. No one calls each other anymore. Surprise them by giving them a quick phone call and let them know you care about them.
9. Send them a song that reminds you of them. Email a Youtube video or send it via Spotify; just make sure to screen the lyrics in advance. You might want to avoid sending Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” and other songs that sound like heartfelt sentiment but are actually really, really sad in the end.
10. Dance with them spontaneously. Grab them, put on a song or hum one yourself, dance like you’re at prom, and watch the smile spread across their face.
11. Have a peanut butter and jelly race. See who can make a sandwich faster. Take bets on the winner. Imagine you’re in a rom-com because you’re basically Julia Roberts and Richard Gere at this point.
12. Pick them a flower. Is this cheesy? Definitely. Just own the cheesiness. Even if they’re laughing at you, at least they’re laughing.