These moves will keep you looking rested and vibrant
1. LIFT YOUR BROWS. High, full brows look youthful and help define all your features, says Los Angeles makeup artist Brett Freedman. Use a brow powder or pencil a shade lighter than your hair color to fill in sparse areas, then sweep a fine line right above the top of the arch. Try Wet n Wild Twin Eye/Brow Pencil ($2.50,drugstore.com).
2. CAMOUFLAGE CROW’S FEET. Nix heavy cover-up, which makes lines more obvious, says Matin Maulawizada of Laura Mercier Cosmetics. Instead, brighten the area with concealer under the outer third of your lower lashes and a creamy highlighter such as Benefit Ooh La Lift ($22, benefitcosmetics.com) just below any lines.
3. REDUCE “PARENTHESES.” To diminish the lines that run from your nose to your mouth, apply concealer one shade lighter than your skin over the shadow below the fold only, not over the entire crease, says Maulawizada. This pro trick reduces the appearance of a defined edge. Try Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($34, lauramercier.com).
4. PEP UP YOUR POUT. “The sides of the mouth tend to droop with age,” says Joanna Schlip, makeup artist for Physicians Formula. “To lessen the effect, brush highlighter on the corners and concealer just below the outer edges of your lower lip to minimize shadows.” Try Sonia Kashuk Multi-Purpose Nylon Brush ($16, soniakashuk.com).
5. SLIM A DOUBLE CHIN. Apply a light layer of foundation or matte bronzer two shades darker than your skin under your chin, shading over any jowl, suggests Maulawizada. Try Rimmel London Natural Bronzer ($5, ulta.com). Blend toward your neck, using a sponge or brush.