Every relationship has its high and low moments. Even at times, not foreseen, things could suddenly change to a point of disbelief. Ugly surprises do occur in relationships but the fact remains that they do give us warning signs. Nobody wants a split in their relationship, hence, we ignore these signs especially when we either feel safe in it or we don’t want to let go. The important side to this is that, making a relationship work isn’t a lone decision. It takes you-two to get at it – making efforts and showing commitment. No matter how unexpected a break-up seem to have happened, it always come along with alerts – various warning signs, and they could be silent or just too obvious even when you ignore them.
In one of my most-read article – how to save a dying relationship, I highlighted proven and practical ways to revive a seemingly dead relationship and before making this content, I understood that every stage of a relationship comes with uncertainties and the possibility of surviving at such moments would depend on the strength of the both parties. It would be a matter of concern if you or your partner chooses to deal with it alone. Break-up do happen, even to promising relationships, it’s mostly prompted by contrary influence, incompatibility or inability to compromise some standards. Whichever way it comes, there are signs foretelling the possibility of a split in your relationship and from my experience as a relationship counselor, I’ve gathered 25 signs for both genders that should get your attention.
- When his excuse is always the same or contradictory.
- When he stops doing what he did to get you.
- When you’re often compared to his ex.
- When he loves his privacy.
- When she starts keeping sensitive secrets.
- When she makes important decisions without your consent.
- When she gets mad at minor issues.
- When you’re alone and nothing seems missing – You ran a whole day without his thought going through your mind?
- When he introduces you as his friend and not his girl/woman.
- When he no longer cares about important matters that concerns you.
- When he always find a fault about you to defend/justify his action(s).
- When you take your friends as more priority than him.
- When he replaces regular calling with text messages.
- When she’s not always happy around you.
- When it’s only sex that keeps your relationship alive.
- When he gives you no attention because of his friends or job.
- When he’s not in any way jealous about your males or concerned about the calls you receive – This isn’t insecurity, it only shows he’s keenly interest and the fact that he can’t afford to lose you.
- When he no longer seek your opinion or careless about them.
- When she communicates less with you but complains more.
- When she’s being controlled by her mother.
- When he doubts every excuse/reason you give.
- When she settles for you alone and avoids your family/friends.
- No discussion about the future or he plans his future without you in the picture.
- When she ask for a break regularly.
- When both of you finds it difficult to make collective decision(s) or remain on the same page on important matters.
These warning signs are for our caution. If you don’t give them good attention, it could result in a sudden break-up of your relationship. If you ever experience any of these disturbing signs, have a good discussion with your partner and try never to ignore it. In a relationship, you’re truly happy when your partner is happy. A one-sided affair will always find its way to hit the rock. The good side to this is that these signs can be swiftly identified; it’s either what he/she stops doing or what he/she starts doing. Whichever way, don’t let the negative signs be, don’t manage any, don’t prevent or ignore, cure them! Heal your relationship of little faults because it could form a breaking point for more trouble.