HERE ARE 20 WARNING SIGNS OF AN EMOTIONALLY ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP:
1. Your partner constantly embarrasses you on purpose in front of other people.
2. Your partner criticizes everything that you do, constantly points out your flaws and makes you feel like you can’t do anything right.
3. Your partner tells mean, inappropriate and demeaning jokes, with you as the punch line.
4. Your partner tries to control every move you make and every word you say.
5. Your partner constantly reminds you of your failures and flaws, eager to make sure you know “what’s wrong with you.”
6. Your partner could care less about your feelings, and often tells you that you’re too sensitive or your opinion is just wrong.
7. Your partner dismisses you or gives you disapproving looks that make you afraid or nervous to be alone with him or her.