If you repeat outfits so much you could be a cartoon character, it may be time to consider upgrading your look. The first month of the year is the perfect time to revamp your wardrobe. With just a few styling tricks, your 2016 closet reboot will be easier than ever.
1. Add instant polish to your outerwear with a fur stole. You can wrap it around your neck like a scarf or sling it over your shoulder for an effortless look.(Try this one from Topshop.)
2. Black tights are a beloved winter staple, but let’s face it: Sometimes you get tired of wearing them. Socks look just as stylish paired with your favorite pumps.
3. In the world of street style, metallic is the new neutral. Replace your everyday flats with silver brogues for an added dose of shine.
4: If you’re tired of lugging around the same handbag, up the ante with a fringe version that commands attention.
5. Bored with your leggings and trousers? Pair your favorite culottes with tall boots to wear them long into winter.
7. It’s time to trade in your black scarf for a more memorable hue. Colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel (think pink and green) are the perfect complement.
8. Liven up your everyday tote bag with a playful accessory, like the ubiquitous Karl Lagerfeld charm or try affordable version from Topshop
9. Want to add some drama to your work wardrobe? Belt your scarf over your suit. It creates a feminine silhouette and keeps your scarf from flapping in the wind.
10. Shake up your wardrobe by styling your dark basics with vibrant wide-leg pants.