Feeling weak as of late, so much so that even the most trivial tasks seem to take too much of your energy away?
Weakness is what you are suffering from!
Weakness can result from anything like;
- Emotional stress.
- Deficiency of a certain nutrient.
- Weak immune system.
- And sometimes overdone physical labor.
All these can be treated with concoctions that can easily be whipped up at home. Here are some home remedies to help you get back or regain your strength.
“15 home remedies to discover a new stronger you and say goodbye to weakness. Now you do not have to spend a drowsy and slow day anymore. These home remedies are here to recoup the lost energy to your body, mind and soul.”
Milk is extremely high in calcium which helps in the building of bones and keeps them strong. No wonder our mothers always yelled at us for not finishing that glass of milk!
- Warm milk with a tea spoon of honey at night does the trick after a long tiring day.
- Make it a routine to benefit more.
- For ladies especially, drink at least two glasses of milk everyday.
Figs are nutrient power house and have multiple advantages for us to benefit from. They are beneficial in both their forms; fresh as well as when dried.
- For someone who’s had a recent bout of illness and need to gain their strength back, soak 2-3 figs in a cup of milk overnight and eat them in the morning.
- Also, you can boil 2-3 figs in milk, eat the figs and drink the milk as well.
Bananas are full of potassium which helps convert sugars into energy. Bananas are also full of antioxidants and added minerals which add glow to your skin. Who ever want to put on some weight can go on a banana diet for alternative weeks.
- In case of weakness eat 2-3 bananas for an instant boost of energy.
- Banana shakes and smoothies are also energy boosters; add dates or figs to them for added energy.
Almonds contain vitamin E and magnesium and they convert protein, fats and carbohydrates into instant energy. Almonds, I have heard, also help with memory.
- Soak 7 almonds in water overnight
- Eat them first thing in the morning for a healthier, fresher mind and body.
It isn’t just lack of food or nutrients that cause weakness, sometimes lack of muscle movements can cause fatigue too. Exercising has way too many benefits to mention here. To confine exercising for people who want to lose their weight is like choosing to live under the rock. To strengthen your body you shall;
- Do 30 minute brisk walks every day.
- Get ahead with some light yoga.
- Stretching of body also helps relieve the tension and makes you feel lighter.
10. Sufficient Sleep
Getting a good night’s rest and taking short naps during the day keeps away the fatigue, but mind you over-sleeping tends to jam your muscles, and makes your feel tired.
- Get a healthy and peaceful sleep to avert weakness.
- Sleep for eight good hours. An average sleep of eight hours is what your body needs.
- Do not sleep too much.
9. Healthy Breakfast
The key to spending a fresh and productive day without slopping about is in having a hearty and healthy breakfast. Never skip your breakfast if you do not want to weaken your body. Nutritionists recommend completely against skipping a breakfast, even when you want to lose all that extra weight.
- If you are getting late for school or office, catch some fruits with a glass full of milk.
- Consume eggs in your breakfast to add back the lost nutrients to your body.
8. Turmeric and Milk
An age old home remedy for almost anything that goes wrong with the body, be it exterior wounds or internal weaknesses is turmeric mixed with warm milk and taken at night. Due to the antibacterial qualities in turmeric, it kills all the germs or infection that might be causing fatigue or weakness. Sometimes old is gold for this technique always works.
“Now you no longer have to take those energy supplements to overcome weakness because these absolutely amazing 15 new home remedies are here to save the day. Try them out and feel the difference it makes in your lifestyle.”
7. Fresh Fruits
Fruits are full of fiber, vitamins and minerals such as Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, etc. They also contain antibacterial properties and are high in natural sugar. Therefore when feeling weak, it is optimal to have a fruit or two, or rather have a fruit salad, with a variety of fruits for added benefits. The sugars in the fruits are converted to energy, and that gives your body the boost to go that extra mile and have a productive day.
- Apple is high in iron, so those who are anaemic can benefit greatly from apple.
- Lychee is that perfectly refreshing fruit to have when you’ve been out in the scorching heat of summer; it is refreshing and revitalizing, the sugar content helps in gaining energy as well.
- Watermelon, a delicious fruit full of antioxidants and can be eaten as it is or turned into a slush or cocktail. Perfect for rejuvenation after a day out in the sun.
6. Peppermint Tea
Some people may feel weak due to the fact that they are underweight or due to malnutrition, peppermint tea helps in an increase of appetite which in turn makes you eat thus driving away that weakness you feel. It detoxifies your body and the useless substances in it which are keeping you from getting hungry.
Dates like figs are packed with energy, so much so that 7 dates taken with milk are equivalent to one time meal of a person. When on run, or out of time for a proper meal, dates are your salvation. They are excellent for your digestive system as well, what more could you have asked for?
- Date smoothies are also delicious and energy packed.
- A few dates with milk in the morning can help you get rid of the weakness.
Full of good bacteria and an excellent coolant for summers driving away all the fatigue you felt due to the loss of water. Whip it, blend it or eat it as it is but just make sure you do add it in your diet. It really helps shooing away all that weakness that makes you so drowsy through the day.
- Cut up any fruit of your choice and mix with chilled yogurt.
- Make a lassi (yogurt smoothie), by blending yogurt with a little bit of milk, salt or sugar and if you prefer then a fruit of your choice to make a healthy yogurt smoothie.
- A good yogurt dip, with a lightly beaten yogurt, salt, red chilli flakes and roasted cumin seeds is refreshing and good for digestion as well, especially when taken when eating meat.
- Make your own frozen yogurt at home by semi-freezing it and whipping it. Do this at least thrice before expecting the kind of result you get from the shop bought frozen yogurt. Add sweetened puree of your favorite fruit to make it more tempting.
Grapes are greatly underestimated fruits, they contain elements which simulate neuron, and increase the vital energy of your body as well. They are packed with potassium, iron, sodium, and magnesium to recoup the lost minerals back in your body.
- For instant vital energy, heat 1 cup of grape juice until it forms syrup, then add equal amount of sugar, when cooled, place it in a bottle and drink 1 table spoon of it mixed with water.
- Have it at least twice a day.
2. Vitamin C
Intake of vitamin C in any form be it fruits, vegetable or supplement tablets, helps prevent anaemia because it helps absorb iron and calcium.
- Vitamin C can be found in vegetables like broccoli and green vegetables.
- Fruits like lemon, orange, guavas and even chilli peppers contain this vitamin.
- A guava smoothie or freshly squeezed orange juice or lemonade is a perfect fix for weakness.
Meat has been defamed a lot due to its high fat content, but the truth of the matter is that it is extremely important for our diet and no amount of fruit or vegetable can replace it.
Meat is high in Iron and vitamin B12, which are extremely important in the development and preservation of our nervous system which in turn increases body resistance. Be it beef stir fry, slow cooked beef stew or a sirloin steak, we need a dose of meat in our diets.
These were some age old remedies, taken out from my grandma’s book, something we’ve all been subjected to growing up be it after a winter cold or a summer heat. Sometimes the old is gold and home remedies are always better than store bought artificial concoctions.