1. He looks up the movie you’ve been waiting to see and surprises you with a date night. He might not want to see it, but he knows all the show times in a five mile radius.
2.He loves showing off your accomplishments. “This is my girlfriend, she just got her master’s and got a job a week later and is so smart and beautiful and it’s she great?”
3. He really tries to make you come. Even if he lacks talent in bed, he’s making an effort to improve.
4. He thinks your annoying habits are cute. Even the thing where you separate all the foods on your plate with bread so they don’t touch.
5. He texts you pictures of inside jokes and things that remind him of you. Somehow, he makes grumpy cat memes romantic.
6. He wants you to hang out with his friends. This might be hell for you, but he really wants you around.
7. He tries to hold you while you’re sleeping. You might wake up annoyed and sweating, but he just wants to cuddle.
8. He wants to know you got home safe. Don’t roll your eyes. There’s genuine concern in that “r u home?” text.
9. He cancels plans for you. You take precedent over guy’s night and sports schedules.
10. He teases you, in a good way. He can make fun of you in a way that makes you laugh, not in a way that makes you cry quietly in the bathroom later.
11. He remembers every little conversation you’ve had. That time you rambled about your nail polish preferences? He was paying attention THE WHOLE TIME, and buys you the right ones for your birthday.
12. He actively tries to express his emotions. This can be difficult. Ignore all the awkward pauses and uncomfortable shifting, and what he’s saying might be kind of sweet.
13. He compliments you when you’re not wearing makeup. Hell, he might not even notice you’re not wearing makeup.