1. She also wants you to make decisions. Like where to go for dinner. Since she more than likely makes decisions all day and is secretly D Y I N G for you to take the reigns and make this one.
2. But don’t bring her to meet your parents unless you think you have a real future together. Playing house and pretending you’re getting married was fun when you were 5, but now you’re both 30 and that game doesn’t have the same allure.
3. Just be a decent human being. She tries to treat people well and be honest with everyone and wants the same from the person she’s dating.
4. Don’t do dumb shit on social media, like post photos with other girls. She will see it and won’t be impressed. She is not in the business of being made jealous because you went out with your boys and took a picture with the bottle girl.
5. She expects you to actually listen to her, not just stare vacantly at her face when she’s talking. Because she will notice that you’re thinking about how much shit you have to do at work tomorrow or what body part you’re going to work out at the gym in the morning, and she’s not about to repeat herself.
6. Don’t have dinner with her with your phone on the table. Being on your phone with anyone while at any meal of the day is just plain rude. Plus, she’s just as busy as you are — if not more so — and she managed to make time for this date.
7. She wants you to call her. None of this I’m-only-going-to-communicate-with-you-via-text bullshit. She wants to hear your voice — and you should want to hear hers too.
8. And if you do text, respond in a timely manner. These days people take their phone to pee, so you have zero excuse as to why she hasn’t heard back from you hours after she asked how your day was or whether or not you’re on for tomorrow’s date.
9. She wants you to be spontaneous. Because work hard, play hard, right? Surprise her with everything from breakfast in bed to booking a long weekend at the beach because she had a shitty week. She’ll love you forever — and maybe even give you a ~sPoNtaNeOuS~ blow job.
10. Do what you say you’re going to do. This isn’t a drill. It’s real life and everyone — especially the girl you’re courting — is expecting you to follow through. So don’t let her down.