We can all agree that the only thing Nigerians parents want from their children (besides “chopping” first in class) is to see them married!!!
It’s not easy being a single woman in our part of the world, especially when you are past the age of 25 and busily trying to focus on your career. If that is you , then you will certainly identify with these:
1. You start your day with your parents nagging about your marital status.
3nti Adwoa when are you getting married?
2. You go to work only to see your friend telling you that she’s getting married
Guess who has a date finally?
3.You log onto Facebook and your timeline is filled with pictures of engagements, weddings, new-borns, etc.
Screw you too Facebook!
4. When you’re at the party, you find most of your old classmates/friends with their spouses.
You thought you wanted to marry, but all of your friends who did have drastically changed. Ummm, maybe I should wait some more..
5. All of your classmates start asking you questions about your love life.
I see you ky3 ooo?! Are you married? Is your boyfriend here?
6. Your Uncles and Aunties try every possible way to hook you up with someone.
So my friends son, he is currently schooling abroad. I think you may like him …
7. Your parents are tired of family members asking why you aren’t married yet.
8. You have even lied about your wedding day just to shut peoples trap!
Oh yeah, it is happening in 2015 ooo…
9. You are used to people telling you that you won’t be able to have kids when you get old.
Yeah, yeah I know…
10. And when you are ready, you’ll say ‘I Do’ to your KING!
And it will be the best thing to happen in your life!