Here are 10 common phrases that I always tell my kids:
1. The worst they can say is no.
2. A closed mouth never gets fed. This means that if you don’t ask for what you want, you won’t get it.
3. Let Your Haters Be Your Motivators – this statement is over-used … but true. Any time someone hates on us, my husband and I use that to fuel our passion. We kick it into overdrive.
4. You don’t have to blow out the other person’s light to let your own shine!” ~Bernard M. Barch
5. Your environment may influence you, but it does not get to dictate who you are. So, if you grew up in an environment that is not so good or if you find yourself being faced with obstacles, you don’t’ have to be a helpless victim.
6. Learn from your mistakes.
7. Practice makes perfect.
8. If at first you don’t succeed…try try again.
9. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. ~ Wayne Gretzky
10. The only failure is not to try.
I am so happy to be partnering with the makers of Pine-Sol® Products on the ‘When Life Gets Tough, Women Rise Above It’ campaign that encourages women from across the country to contribute their own stories of triumph and inspire others.