ladies, we all know that our period can sometimes misbehave…like come at unexpected times or come at times when we just want to be free of it, or even when we want to wear that special fragile cloth. Don’t worry ladies, we got you covered. With these few tips, you can delay your period for a day or two:
1. Exercise Like Crazy. Exercise works to delay your period in two different ways. First and foremost, doing a LOT of exercises can really throw your hormones out of whack and push off aunt flow for at least a couple of days- but remember, this requires a serious increase of exercise every single day in order to work. On the other hand, exercise obviously equates to weight loss, and a significant amount of weight loss can result in a delayed period. Now ladies- do this SAFELY. No fasting or spending 8 hours at the gym. Be smart about what you’re doing: eat right and exercise at a moderate to high impact several times a week to see results and possibly delay menses.
2. Use Herbs: Shepherd’s Purse & Yarrow Tinctures. It seems like you can find a solution to almost any problem with herbs! And in this particular case, shepherd’s purse and yarrow tinctures are the two herbs you should be using. Grind them down until they are into a fine powder, then make a drink out of it. Maybe you could add it to tea for a tasty drink?
3. Vinegar & Water Drink. An old classic trick that can delay your period by a few hours is the good old vinegar and water solution. All you need to do is mix together 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar to a glass of water. Yeah, it’s totally not going to taste good, but it’s an easy and super quick fix that will push off the impending period!
4. Eat Gelatin. For this particular solution to work, you need straight gelatin from the packets. (And don’t worry- gelatin in the packets is insanely easy to find at the grocery store. I was worried I couldn’t find it, but I found it within minutes!) Mix the gelatin with water (follow the instructions on the packet) and let it form. Then, eat it! It’s really simple. Might not taste the best, but it works.
5. Raspberry Leaf Tea. Last but not least, consider trying raspberry leaf tea! There’re certain ingredients in this tea that will push off a period for a few hours, making it a very quick fix. It tastes pretty good, too!
6. Try Birth Control Pills. There are a LOT of birth control pills on the market designed to not only prevent pregnancies but get rid of periods altogether. If you’re not already on birth control, talk to your doctor about which birth control methods may be right for you and which ones can delay or get rid of periods. If you are currently on a birth control method that does not get rid of or reduce periods, talk to your doctor about switching.