The key to asking these questions is to keep an open mind, take off your defensive hat, and make sure both of you are in a good place. Time and place is key in having a deeper discussion (i.e. don’t ask these questions when your spouse is in a bad mood or has their head on the pillow).
Enjoy and let me know if these bring on good discussion!
20 Great Questions to Ask Your Spouse:
1. How can I love you better?
2. Do you feel heard in our relationship?
3. What has brought you the most joy recently?
4. What is your biggest goal for this year? How can I help you achieve this?
5. What do you need my help with?
6. Do I give you enough space to be you?
7. How’s our s*x life for you?
8. What’s one thing I can do to take a burden off you?
9. What hobbies do you wish we could do together?
10. Do you feel respected when we’re in public?
11. Do you feel loved when we’re together?
12. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
13. Do you think we have a good division of labor in our marriage?
14. What could I do to make you feel more understood?
15. Am I doing anything that is driving you crazy?
16. Is there anything we need to discuss?
17. How can I pray for you?
18. What is one thing you’d like to do before we have kids?
19. What desires do you have that we haven’t discussed?
20. Am I meeting your expectations?
Anything else you would add? What did you learn about your spouse by asking these questions? Did it bring you closer?