1. Your life won’t be different if your body is a little bit different. Everyone who loves you will love you just as much no matter how much you weigh. Besides, you don’t get a grand prize for weight loss (unless you’re on The Biggest Loser, which, thankfully, you’re not!).
2. Your time is better spent doing something other than worrying about your figure. Like having brunch with your significant other, finally crossing another book off your reading list, or finally clearing all those acid-wash jeans you thought were cool for five minutes out of your closet.
3. Find clothes that fit well and compliment YOUR body type. The right clothes can make anyone feel great!
4. As long as you’re healthy, that’s all that matters. Is your health in jeopardy? Do you need to alter your weight because your doctor told you to? No? Then don’t fret! Exercise, eat well, and you’re good to go.
5. Looks are impermanent anyway. Do you want to go through life always wishing you looked different? Or would you rather eagerly await the joys every age has in store for you?
6. There is no such thing as a “perfect” body. Chasing a “perfect” figure is about as foolish an errand as trying to ride every ride in an amusement park without waiting in line. It’s not real!
7. Try affirmations and positive thinking. Every morning, when you wake up, remind yourself that you are happy, healthy and beautiful. Any time you see your reflection, in a mirror or any reflective surface, say ” I love you and I approve of you.” If your goal is to lose weight, or change your body, think as if you have already reached your goal. Repeat to yourself “my body is slender, healthy and happy”. Start living as though you have already reached your goal, and your body will follow suit.
8. No one will notice if you gain or lose a few vanity pounds. YOU might not even notice!
9. Don’t stay passive to a friends or boyfriends criticism of your body. Fight ,or ignore him. Swear to yourself that you will never feel bad because someone else tells you that you are too fat or too skinny, etc…Whoever tells you this doesn’t love you. If there is no one to love you,love yourself.
10. You’re beautiful just the way you are.